Thread Rating:
  • 166 Votes - 2.86 Average
Post Reply Post Reply
United Trailer VIN decoding
01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
United Trailer VIN decoding
Hi All-

I want to start by saying how thankful I am for this new forum!! You have no idea how hard it is to find good info regarding trailers online!!

My issue is that I recently bought a 2008 United (http://united-trailers.com/ProductLit.asp) enclosed 7x14 trailer and I was trying to actually decode the vin and also see what specific model i have of United trailer.
I asked United but I guess they dont do alot of follow up work years after the sale.
I bought this used from a private individual and He bought it used as well so he didnt have much info either.
It was a good brand, seems to have good reviews online, and was built and sized to my needs so that is why I bought it- but now Id like to know the specifics if possible.

I prefer not to post my VIN but if someone could direct my to a helpful site or send me info specific to United, I will certainly appreciate it!

I will try to attach a pic here so maybe someone can easily tell me what I have. I can tell you that the interior is 80'' wide and 80'' tall and it has a ramp door, a side door, a triple tongue frame, and diamond plate on the front bottom.

THANKS!!

Pittsburgh, Pa
Trailers:
(1) '06 Top Brand 8x16 Deckover Beavertail tandem 9990 gvwr
(1) '08 United Trailer 7x14 enclosed tandem

Tow vehicles:
'05 Yukon Denali 6.0 with air suspension, 15klb Curt hitch, E rated tires
'06 Ram Mega Cab Cummins dually 4x4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: United Trailer VIN decoding
(01-14-2013 12:00 PM)trailcat340 Wrote:  Hi All-

I want to start by saying how thankful I am for this new forum!! You have no idea how hard it is to find good info regarding trailers online!!

My issue is that I recently bought a 2008 United (http://united-trailers.com/ProductLit.asp) enclosed 7x14 trailer and I was trying to actually decode the vin and also see what specific model i have of United trailer.
I asked United but I guess they dont do alot of follow up work years after the sale.
I bought this used from a private individual and He bought it used as well so he didnt have much info either.
It was a good brand, seems to have good reviews online, and was built and sized to my needs so that is why I bought it- but now Id like to know the specifics if possible.

I prefer not to post my VIN but if someone could direct my to a helpful site or send me info specific to United, I will certainly appreciate it!

I will try to attach a pic here so maybe someone can easily tell me what I have. I can tell you that the interior is 80'' wide and 80'' tall and it has a ramp door, a side door, a triple tongue frame, and diamond plate on the front bottom.

THANKS!!

Hello and Welcome!

Congrats on the new purchase and please do post some pictures.

I did a little research and came up with some helpful info for you. The first page is a VIN "cheater chart" to help decode VIN's, some of the number/letters are particular to that company and their needs and uses. Since the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) requires each manufacturer to submit a form "565, VIN Submission" explaining their VIN, I was able to find your manufacturers online as well. If you need further help deciphering your VIN , you are welcome to PM me with the VIN and I will look it over for you. Enjoy!

05-20-2017, 08:35 AM
RE: United Trailer VIN decoding
I know this is an older post, but just wanted to add on to this a bit for others to see.

You can locate that same information at https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/ when you enter in your VIN. I also made a website to help people decode VINs for trailers at http://www.trailervin.com. I noticed there wasn't a good way to decode trailer VINs for I decided to try to make one. Hope this can help others.
Post Reply Post Reply